Senior Financial Accountant
Posted: Thu 06 April 23
Great opportunity to join our Finance Team!
We are looking for a highly ambitious, commercially minded Finance professional, who will be responsible for ensuring the efficient financial management of the company, including the necessary controls and procedures are in place to support all business activities. The role will be focused on the provision of high quality and timely financial information to support decision making in the business. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Finance & Administration team, reporting directly to the CFO.
This is a site-based role and applicants must reside within Aberdeen City or Shire.
- Managing and develop Finance & Administration (team of 2) on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage and develop a month end timetable to ensure that reporting deadlines are delivered.
- Ownership of month end reporting files and outputs
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts, and cash flows
- Carry out financial modelling and scenario modelling to aid key decision making.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that balance sheet reconciliations are complete and reviewed on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that the correct accounting treatment is always applied.
- Lead on ad-hoc projects such as R&D, acquisition support
- Support for CEO and CFO as required.
- Prepare the monthly management information pack for review with CFO.
- Maintain the general ledger, ensuring all accounts are reconciled.
- Manage the AP/AR function.
- Monitor and control of cash flow and of rolling cashflow forecasts ensuring effective working capital management.
- Maintain work-in-progress costs, reconcile labour utilisation and analyse production variances.
- Value stock transactions, calculate cost of sales and track stock movements monthly.
- Prepare various management reports on sales, costs and profit on monthly basis.
- Prepare and submit VAT and sales returns to HM Customs and Excise within the deadlines.
- Manage the annual physical stock count and reconciliations.
- Participate in the production of product standard costs.
- Participate in the preparation of year-end statutory accounts and related schedules.
- Act as Administrator for ERP system
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- To be a qualified accountant with experience within a manufacturing-based environment (strongly preferred)
- Recent experience of working with standard absorption costing, variance analysis and product costing (preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and implement solutions to resolve problems.
- Experience of ERP systems would be a significant advantage, specifically Syspro.
- Knowledge of manufacturing-based performance metrics
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Be for a confident finance professional, who can analyse numbers with a keen eye for detail and determine a clear plan of action from said numbers.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to quickly learn new processes and offer solutions to problems as they arise. As part of a rapidly evolving team in a high growth environment the role will provide a wide range of career development opportunities for the right individual.
- Strong spreadsheet skills is a must and have previously managed people.
- Someone that is very positive, up for a challenge and has a can-do attitude and approach to their work will fit in well.
Our offer to you:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + 8 Statutory
- Enhanced Sickness Pay
- Group Life Insurance
- BUPA Private Medical Care
- Pension Scheme (up to 15%)
- Modern office environment with parking
- 36-hour working week, with Mon – Thu 08.00 – 16.30 (30 minute lunch) Fri 08.00 – 12.00 Noon.
To apply, please forward your CV and a brief description of why you will be suitable for this role to to firstname.lastname@example.org
(All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK)
Closing date: 30th April 2023
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements.
We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.